Sunday, January 4, 2009

My Apologies

When I initially created this blog I had every intention to keep it as up to date as possible...ideally a weekly message or two, but certainly not the monthly message that my schedule lately has allowed for. I don't necessarily support the idea of New Year's resolutions, but the new year is bringing about a new leaf for the Queen family - in more ways than one - stay tuned - so it is my hope that better time management will provide more time for the little luxuries in life, including my blog...

In a nutshell, these last few weeks have been hectic to say the least. When I returned from Thanksgiving vacation I received the news that I would be living with Kenny's parents until construction was completed at our place. (we remodeled our bathroom - I'll post before and after pics this week - new leaf, remember?!) It was after midnight so I did as I was told and three weeks later returned home...I can't complain in the least, Kenny's parents are amazing people - and the home-cooked meals after long days at work were a God-send- but three weeks, actually four weeks including my time in TX, was a long time to be away from home.

We finally moved back in on December 21st with less than two days to prepare for my Mom's arrival, oh and did I mention Christmas was less than a week away?! Needless to say my Christmas decorations didn't make it much further than the boxes Kenny brought down from the attic and several of the traditions that I started last year were out the window, but 'tis the season for stress, right?!

No, 'tis the season to celebrate the birth of Christ and when all was said and done we were thankful for another amazing year in paradise and the blessing of our Savior. I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas with your loved ones and are looking forward to the adventures of 2009...I know we are!

No comments: