...and counting! Technology travels a lot faster than we do, so I apologize if you're hearing this for the first time or stumbled across our recent Facebook message...but Kenny and I are expecting our first little miracle on July 26th! Sunday is the 12 week mark so we're super excited to enter the second trimester and I for one am looking forward to a break from the nausea and mood swings. Based on our trip to Baby Luv this afternoon, I'm not sure the mood actually improves - but we'll pray for the best!For those of you who don't know, Baby Luv is basically just like a Babies R Us store - but maybe even bigger. It was quite an eye-opening experience for us and what was more shocking than the selection of anything and everything baby under the sun, was the attitudes of the cranky expecting mothers. Cranky is a nice blog-friendly word if you know what I mean :) It was hilarious - or at least I thought so! Every couple we passed in the aisles were arguing over one thing or another, which just made me smile as my husband became more and more thankful that his wife doesn't act like that (or not yet at lesat!). He commented when we left that no one in the entire store was smiling - strange for a baby store, but a good reality check for us. It made our debate about why you shouldn't buy your first baby furniture off of Craig's list pale in comparison...that's a whole other story for a different day.
Here are a few faq's in case you're wondering:
Are you going to find out if it's a boy or girl?
Yes, of course - hello, how can I decorate without knowing if it's pink or blue?!
What are the names you've picked out?
Sorry, we're not sharing. We've had these names picked out for a few years now and I'd hate for someone's gut reaction to change our mind. I'll give you a hint though, one of the names was in the news recently...
How are you feeling?
Weeks 7-11 were pretty rough...lots of nausea and I'd feel just as tired when I woke up as when I went to bed. I also didn't have much of an appetite and a trip to PF Changs killed my taste for Asian food for a while. Christmas break did a body good though and I'm hoping the 12 week mark will ease the nausea. I haven't actually gotten sick though, praise God - and my appetite is back which makes life a lot easier...for those of you who don't know, eating is one of my passions!!
Any cravings?
No, not exactly...although I do get random tastes for things that I have to have at that moment - typically hamburgers and french friends and all those terrible things you're not supposed to eat when pregnant. I do my best to eat healthy most of the time, so I do splurge for burgers and fries on occasion. I also love salty and hot things - lately jalapenos really hit the spot. On Friday I tried Miss Vickie's Jalapeno chips...oh my!! It's probably a good thing I don't live in TX right now - I'd be eating at Chuy's (sp?) Mexican Restaurant probably once a day. Luckily the Mexican in South Florida isn't the best so I can save a few calories there.
Are you taking vitamins?
I started with my typical Juice Plus and Folic Acid routine, but my Dr. asked me to add Iron and Calcium - which quickly added up to 10 pills a day! Now I know why old people are so cranky...anyway, at that point I didn't want to eat or drink anything so taking all of those pills just wasn't working out. When I finally saw the Dr. I quickly asked for the pre-natal prescription (2 pills - yeah!) and then after my blood work we added an Iron every other day since I'm slightly anemic.
Is there anything you wish your girlfriends had warned you about?
YES - no one once mentioned - and maybe they were afraid to, but this is my blog and I have no problem sharing online, that the gas you get when you're pregnant is somewhat frightening. Maybe everyone refers to it as "bloating" so as not to actually admit they're passing gas on a regular basis, but come on - people need to share these things!! I'm great throughout the day, but my night typically consists of me darting throughout the house trying to stay away from Kenny and pass, well, you know - like a lady. I'm not sure how much longer I can keep this up, but anyway, just wanted to pass on these words of warning...
Are you starting to show?
No, not exactly...I think the little bump I had before is just a firm bump now that I can't really suck in anymore...so basically I'm just filling in - not expanding...yet :)
So those are the last 12 weeks in a nut shell. We're so blessed to experience this miracle and hope that you will keep all of us in your prayers as we begin a new journey...of three :)
2 comments:
Are you naming your baby Tebow? If so, GREAT choice! :)
Lisa's shared with me the good news. I am SO excited for you guys. I quickly ran to your blog to see if there were any update and sure enough there are. How very exciting!!! We will be keeping you and gummy bear in our prayers.
God Bless.
PS: Keep that spirit up...... practice what you preach and give God a chance.
Post a Comment