Your fetus is forming teeth and vocal cords... savor this, their non-functional phase. Baby is approaching normal proportions, with a head now only one third the size of the body. Intestines are in the process of moving from the umbilical cord to baby's tummy. After a few days of primary and secondary research and lots of prayers for peace, I'm feeling much better about the whole NT measurement thing. The main Dr. in my new office (Dr. Edwards) called me tonight at 8pm - which I'm totally impressed with by the way - and explained the whole percentile thing in better detail. Basically, the baby is in the 90%th percentile, meaning 90% of babies have a measurement less than or equal to 2.5. Our happy thought is that God is knitting a precious a 10 pounder, so of course he or she is falling in the 90th percentile already!
Oh, and the other news is that I won't receive my blood test results until the middle/end of February after I complete the second round of testing. I wasn't happy to hear that initially, but Dr. Edwards added an ultrasound to my next visit in mid-Feb, so that made my day...
On a lighter note, we had a few girls over for dinner last night to celebrate Angie's pending arrival of their first little baby girl. She's not sharing the name either, which I can't exactly blame her for, but we're all excited regardless. The great news for me is that she's delivering at the hospital that I'm considering so it's sort of like a trial run for me!
Here we are a little later in the evening...and who knew my shirt was see-through! Don't you hate that?! You couldn't tell in person of course, but the camera saw right through it...crazy!
Amy, me, Angie, Lauren and Courtney
My first belly pic - 13 weeks exactly...to be honest it was a bit frightening when I saw the pictures. There are just certain curves that you can't really see from the top down :)
No comments:
Post a Comment