Monday, March 23, 2009

21 Weeks


Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for hydration and nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies are most interested in tastes they've already experienced through amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you want your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch.

So here we go, the much anticipated belly shot...a lot changes in 4 weeks, huh?...and no, I do not have an 'outtie' yet, although it's getting really closed. Even my sister commented last weekend how small my belly button was...it actually looks like it's disappearing, I can't imagine it just popping out one day - but nothing surprises me these days...



She is definitely a mover and a shaker in there! I haven't noticed any patterns yet, but typically after meals...she's probably a happy camper like her mommy after she eats. I also think her brain has been developing these last few days - because mine has certainly been lacking. I never bought into the theory of the baby actually effecting your mind - but now I'm all in. Last week I turned my car off while not yet in park and actually dropped my work badge in the toilet - don't ask. I also have to stick to a strict routine in the shower, otherwise I can't remember if I washed my face or my hair and have to have full blown debates with myself as to whether or not I'm ready to get out.

Otherwise, these last few weeks have been a whirlwind...last weekend I went to Ft. Myers to see my sister and we went to Captiva and Sanibel Island for the day - so much fun! Then my cousin Erin came to visit on Wednesday - only to bring with her the yucky weather from TX so unfortunately we weren't able to enjoy the sunshine. It's really hard to entertain in South FL without the sunshine, but hopefully she had a good time. Seeing both of them made me so excited for my Easter trip to TX...can't wait!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

now is the time to pile on the cocoa butter, i can see the skin stretched!! lov ya