The funny thing that you can't tell from the picture is that she's completely vertical with her head down. I was a little alarmed at first considering she doesn't need to be in this position for another 19 weeks or so, but the tech said that babies can pretty much do whatever they like in there - what a miracle...when you really think about it, she's in there upside down and it doesn't even bother her! Isn't her little nose just precious?! :)

The morning got off to a bit of a rough start, which reminds me that I still owe you the pregnancy pointers that I promised a few posts ago...
- First of all, don't assume a shirt fits until you actually try it on. This morning I jumped out of bed in a rush to my 8am Dr.'s appointment only to learn the hard way that the last green shirt I had hope for, no longer had hope for me. I'm finally coming to grips with the fact that my old clothes just don't fit. End of story.
- Cankles come and go at their pleasure. Last Thursday night I stood in heels for a few hours, not thinking much of it other than my feet hurt. Friday morning I wake up to the largest left ankle that I've ever seen - well, not largest ever, but definitely reminded me of a few ankle injuries from the good 'ol days. I'll post a pic when I get my camera back, but the timing was terrible...Friday night I went to a wedding and wore a dress that hit just above the cankle - literally. I just wanted to carry around a sign that read: don't worry, the rest of my leg is still skinny. :) Which leads me to my next point...
- Don't point out a pregnant woman's cankles...enough said.
- Also, don't tell a pregnant woman that she looks like she has a beer belly...enough said.
- Pregnant women are full of raging hormones so don't comment on her appearance unless it's words of praise and affirmation...it still blows my mind that people think this is the best time to step back and analyze your appearance. Of all times in life, this ain't it people! I let most of it go, but my heart really goes out to women who take these comments to heart...I can ramble about it on my blog, but typically I get a good laugh (after I vent to Kenny) and then I move on...can't you tell?!?! :) Seriously though, it's not easy being pregnant and for women who struggle with their body image I can imagine this is a really trying time. Thank God for patient husbands and blogs!
3 comments:
these crack me up! i too have had some real interesting comments throughout my pregnancies and post pregnancy. sorry to say that a few people still put their foot in their mouth AFTER the baby is born. i can still remember standing in front of our new house in MI, Harrison was less than a month old, i still couldn't fit into 'real' clothes and was wearing a big shirt and sporting my post baby belly. there i am holding my baby infant seat with Harrison INSIDE the seat and the new neighbor from across the street looks at me and say's "when are you due". WHAT!!! i'm holding my infant for goodness sake, i know i look a few months pregnant but is that even physically possible and can you cut a girl some slack...puhlease!!! :) at least i can get a laugh from it now! :) i'm sure you look GREAT! and you're right, you just gotta laugh!
You make me laugh! It's pretty exciting when you realize the cankles are gone and your feet are back, lol. Can't wait to see updated pics...better yet, maybe we can get together soon!
cute nose, but remember she has no clue she is upside down and she will probably want some pressure on her head even after she is birth, ie head touching top of bassonett
Post a Comment