Monday, March 2, 2009

I'm Back

Hello all, so sorry for the serious delay in blogging...but I'm afraid it's just a taste of what's yet to come. We're getting ready for the Junior League Riverwalk Run - which is about to consume the next 3 weeks of my life - not to mention a visit from my sister Evelyn, cousin Erin and our friends Dalton and Lukey - what a few weeks it's going to be - April here we come!

Before I get into where I've been during my pause in blogging, I have to share the amazing news - our test results came back "normal" or "low" - praise God! He has given me the most incredible peace throughout these six weeks - to the point that I should probably be more excited than I am with the results. It's strange though, I just kept waiting for the confirmation that everything was ok because I just felt that it would be. Thank you God for this gem along the way, 4 and a half months to go!

Overall I'm feeling great! I don't have any antidotes for you this week, but I'm sure they're to come as the belly grows and my sleep shortens - oh, which reminds me...last week I officially entered what I affectionately refer to as hormone hell. Pardon the expression, but that's what it was...ask my husband! 48 hours later and less than 48 words between us, needless to say it was a rough one. Today is a happy day though and we're learning to celebrate the small things day by day.

Below are a few pics from my friend crazy Katie's visit...she came down from Chicago for a few days of sun and fun - although this unusually cold weather put a serious damper on our beach time! For those of you who know and love Katie, she is doing great! She's actually moving home to Houston to sell Pampered Chef full-time and get ready for a much anticipated engagement...any day now Sean! :)

Hard to imagine we started out in bikinis, but it didn't last long...brrr!

KT and I the night before she left...

Kenny and I - he's still glowing that he's having a baby girl :) I'll probably use this pic to show you how incredibly huge my cheeks will be in approximately 4.5 months...stay tuned!

So I was a total slacker and didn't bring my camera to the Strawberry Festival this weekend, so I'll have to post again and tell you all about our experiences in Plant City, FL...yee haw!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Chubby cheeks and cankles...good times! But so worth it...can't wait to meet baby Q!