Tuesday, February 3, 2009

15 Weeks

Continuing the march towards normal proportions, baby's legs now out measure the arms. And, finally, all four limbs have functional joints. Your fetus is squirming and wiggling like crazy down in the womb, though you probably still can't feel the movements.

My apologies, I'm a few days late for my weekly post...and what a week it was! For the first time in fifteen weeks the baby actually wasn't the most stressful thing in my life. On Wednesday I found out that between Thursday and Friday my company was laying-off 10%, equal to 500 employees worldwide. Thankfully God gave me an overwhelming peace about the outcome of the situation; however, the anxiety those two days was indescribable. We literally sat around until 1:30pm on Friday until they made it to our department - only to find out that my manager was one of those who didn't make the cut. Needless to say, it was a very emotional two days and an experience I'll never forget.

Another highlight of the week - and this one for the better - is that Derek graduated from the Police Academy and will begin his official serving and protecting duties later in the month. Congratulations to both Derek and Brooke - what a journey they've been through just months after marriage...but now they're the all-American family with one cop and one teacher.

My other highlights fall into week 16 so you'll have to wait for those...what a busy few weeks its been! Overall I'm feeling good, just amazed at the changes your body goes through on a daily basis. As you may remember I was super excited to start the cocoa butter routine, but turns out I'm allergic and had to give that one up. I ended up with a rash across my belly - and note to self, do not look up rashes during pregnancy online...you would think it was the end of the road for both you and the baby! Thankfully I maintained a clear head and just retired the lotion for the time being.

Here's the latest pic...not a major change but the clothes are really starting to shrink around my waist so I know something is happening somewhere.

No comments: