Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Heart Day

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! I love Valentine's Day - if nothing else it's an entire day and night dedicated to spending time with your sweetheart...something that's few and far between around here so I'm lovin' it! Ok, yes, I'm here on the computer and not exactly spending time with him - but he's outside with the Direct TV guy so I'm off the hook for a few minutes. Plus, my friend KT is coming in town tomorrow so I know I'll fall behind on my weekly post.

So...where to begin...well, let's start with Thursday when we found out that we have been blessed with a baby GIRL! I must tell you now that my husband is honestly beside himself - before we got to the car he was already talking about taking her to dance class and the little dance outfits that he's going to buy her. Talk about daddy's little girl, I've pretty much come to terms with the fact that my husband that I know and love will never...ever...be the same :)

The whole ultrasound experience was hilarious - here is Kenny (in his scrubs by the way, which I think bought him a little patience) standing right behind the tech - literally right over her shoulder the entire time. Despite my urgings that he use the tv designated for mom/dad, he's standing right over her using her screen to examine every little image she picks up. This had to be one of her most interactive visits ever - seriously. I kept rolling my eyes, but apparently she was totally impressed to see such a concerned dad, so she was very patient with his questions and even requests for particular pictures! I'll post a few of the images once I have a chance to scan them - what a change from just a month ago...the miracle in this all just takes your breath away.

Last night we (finally) celebrated Lauren's 29th birthday - Happy Birthday Lauren! I only say finally because her wonderful husband planned the most elaborate surprise scheme - which turned out perfectly by the way - but for those of us who held the secret for the last few weeks, it was torture! I probably see Lauren 2-3 times a week, so the secret was killing me, but I'm thankful she enjoyed the party and had a wonderful number 29!

Ok, last thing - funny story...I walk into the dry cleaner this morning and the lady says to me - or something along these lines - "oh my, looks like we've gained some weight"! Now, I'm wearing a cotton dress that definitely shows the fact that the belly has popped a little, but my first thought is - wow, I hope she knows I'm pregnant! I don't remember having this conversation, but if not then she's totally out of line here. Then later I start to wonder...who is "we"? Has she gained weight as well, next time should I inquire?! I wouldn't dare, but it was definitely one of those moments that jarred me into the reality of pregnancy and made me think...ok, here we go!!!

Lauren's reaction when she walked downstairs and realized 20 people and decorations had just snuck in the back door!


Dinner at Anthony's - friends 1


Dinner at Anthony's - friends 2

2 comments:

itsdevin said...

So happy for you guys! You must be SO excited! Praying for you all :)

anthonyandbeth said...

yeah! a girl! so exciting! we are so happy for you both!