Tuesday, February 10, 2009

16 Weeks

Watch what you say... tiny bones forming in baby's ears mean the little one can now pick up your voice. Eyebrows, lashes and hair are starting to fill in, and taste buds are forming.

I'm getting behind in my weeks and to be honest with you it's difficult to remember what I did yesterday, not to mention last week. Seriously though, these last few days I've just been so absent-minded. I thought my Dr.'s appointment was Wednesday at 9am, turns out it was Tuesday (today). Thankfully they called me yesterday and reminded me - but then I showed up at 12:15 for a 9am appointment...woops! They were kind enough to squeeze me in though. Baby's heartbeat is still strong in the 150's and mommy has gained about 9 pounds since day one. Well, maybe a few more than that, but I'm using my average weight as the starting point...I can do that, it's my blog :)

Big ultrasound on Friday - which will hopefully tell us the sex - so we're super excited! This weekend we were able to baby-sit Ryan (4) and Reed (2) our two nephews and what an experience that was! That were so fun to be with and really opened my heart to having a boy. In fact, we went to the park and a few little girls there were really getting on my nerves - just kidding, sort of - but the whole night with them really made me think about how wonderful a little boy would be...we'll see!

Here's the latest pic...for the first time I actually shuddered when I saw one of the pictures we took. It's crazy when you see your body on the screen and the extra bumps that either weren't there before, or definitely weren't as pronounced! My clothes are definitely beginning to cut circulation so I'm trying to buy and borrow things here and there...some of the maternity stuff is a little scary, so for now I'm just getting bigger sizes of "regular" clothes.

No comments: