Wednesday, February 18, 2009

17.5 Weeks

Welcome to month 5! Ok, I'm just a few days in, but I like being able to say that I'm 4 months pregnant...something nice and round about that number. The last week hasn't brought on any new symptoms, which I'm totally fine with by the way! The only thing that I have noticed is that sleeping is becoming increasingly difficult - especially now that I can't sleep on my stomach or on my back. No complaints here though, the bright side is that I am sleeping - at least for now!

Tonight marked my first official pregnancy melt-down. 4 months along, not bad - right?! I must say there is something totally liberating about just letting the tears flow - tears of joy that is. Try explaining that to my husband - who was left totally confused by the steady flow of tears mixed with hearty laughter and a few words here and there. Here's the deal - I pop into Publix after work to get my fruit fix for the week and think to myself, let me park on the side of the store that has the fruits and veggies - and conveniently, the scale. I head straight for the scale and proudly think to myself, double-digits - ok, not bad...we're certainly growing now, aren't we! As I head over to the strawberries it hits me that I just went to the Dr. last week - almost a week to the day - and weighed 5 pounds less. Translation = I just gained 5 pounds in 7 days!

You do the math, at this rate I will gain 70 pounds total over the course of 40 weeks...crazy, huh?! The crazy thing is that my tears were honestly tears of joy and just a total melt-down from the captivity of clothing that is my life at this point. Everything is tight - and I mean everything. Yes, I've ordered maternity pants for work, but they're at the dry cleaner getting altered so I have to struggle through another week of cold weather and constricting clothing. So really the tears were for the fact that this is only the beginning of the end of my wardrobe and the comforts of clothes that fit...and perhaps the end of my body as I know it. By the way, I'm totally fine with all of this and realized the stakes before I entered the game - but hello people, do you know how powerless it feels to know that your body is growing without you?! That in the course of one week you could gain weight without even one krispy creme donut?!

Enough about me, here are a few pics of the belly and the baby GIRL that's rapidly growing inside.

Outside



Inside


Her first outfit (yeah!) - love Fred and Melissa - along with her first sippy cup - love Derek and Brooke - she's almost ready for football season...which reminds me that I have to get her an LSU outfit asap!

2 comments:

Sarah Cardenas said...

Congrats on your baby GIRL!!! :) You're my 3rd friend that just found out their having a girl in the last few weeks..haha..what's in the water???

Unknown said...

the hormones are flying...lol