I went to my monthly Dr.'s appointment this morning and everything looks great! The baby's heartbeat is pumping strong in the 150s and I only gained 2.5 lbs this time - woohoo! That's enough to warrant a blog post, isn't it?! Again, if I gain 100 lbs and deliver a healthy baby then I'm totally fine with it, but last month I'd gained 10 lbs in one month so there was something a little more settling about 2.5...and don't worry, the Nurse said this was fine - as long as I'm eating and taking my vitamins, neither of which I ever miss - trust me! I have gotten back in the gym though and renewed my commitment to pre-natal yoga, but this all happened in the last 2 weeks so it probably has nothing to do with the smaller than usual gain. I did had a few pieces of chocolate to celebrate - oh wait, I have those everyday :) - see, nothing to worry about!
26 weeks

27 weeks

I don't really have any anecdotes for you this time around, but I can tell you that no matter how good of shape you're in, there are parts of your body that you just won't see for an extended period of time...and be prepared for an "exam" at the Dr.'s office at any time. They didn't exactly warn me ahead of time this morning, so be prepared...that's all I can say.
No comments:
Post a Comment