Friday, May 15, 2009

Disney with Dalton

So rarely do you hear of a group of guys planning a weekend trip to Disney; however, my husband and his best friend Dalton are a rare breed. In fact, the two of them together are quite an interesting pair. They've been friends since before time and know things about each other that I will probably never know or even begin to understand...for example, how many guys do you know that have a song - together, like in "this is our song"!? Or know what type of soap they prefer? Or know the position in which they sleep at night? Ok, the list goes on but you get the point - these guys are the best of friends and the quintessential 'bromance'.

So, fast forward to the present time and Dalton is in love...but before taking the next step in their relationship she has to pass the test of Derek and Kenny - specifically, Derek's 20 questions and Kenny's quiet observations. The poor girl - talk about a tough crowd! However, after a weekend at Disney it looks like she passed the test...which of course I'm (secretly) thrilled about because maybe just maybe we girls can intercede in this bromance...or maybe not :)

Oh, and in case you were wondering - no, I did not hit the parks at 7 months pregnant! I let everyone enjoy their day while I lounged at the pool and hit the gym at the hotel...oh, and took a 2 hour nap - pure bliss! I met up with everyone that evening, but still wouldn't recommend Disney at this point, or any point in your pregnancy...or any point at which you need to carry your baby - the number of newborns and baby babies in strollers was out of control! Kenny and I made a pact to never bring our babies to Disney so I'm putting it in writing now so that y'all can hold me accountable!

I take this picture every time I go to Disney, I just can't resist...somewhere there's a picture of my sister and I when we are about 5 and 3 in front of these exact same flowers. They never change and there's something I love about that.


Dalton & Kim I


Dalton & Kim II

p.s. I got a promotion this week at work, yeah me! I was very pleasantly surprised and will begin the celebration at Gap Maternity this weekend :) My belly is growing out of shirts left and right so I need a few new tops to get me through the home stretch...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

when is the next update/ or are you going to post the big belly pics...lol