Friday, August 7, 2009

Sleeping While She's Sleeping

So I'm breaking one of the cardinal rules of motherhood: I'm not sleeping while she's sleeping, but I figured it was worth a few minutes of precious sleep to give you an update on our precious angel.

She had her two week check-up yesterday and passed with flying colors! She's gained almost a full pound, which I was relieved to hear considering the whole nursing thing is much more complicated than I ever imagined. I was warned of the pain (which I haven't yet experienced to its fullest), but never realized the pressure of making sure they're eating, then burping, then pooping, then peeing...all of this between countless naps - oh, and in no particular order! Finley is quite the multi-tasker and loves to poop on mommy while nursing, which therefore cuts down on our burp time significantly, which then typically results in her spitting up while her diaper is changed as quickly as possible. Her other favorite diaper trick is to poop, pee or both while actually being changed...I thought only boys did that?!

Who knew.

Sorry for the graphic detail, but you've asked how I spend my day! :)

Otherwise, she's a great baby...eats and sleeps and really only cries if she's hungry or needs to go to the bathroom and can't. I'm sorry it keeps going back to that, but this is a big part of my baby girl's life right now. :)

Next Thursday we head to the cardiologist to check on her murmur. Surprisingly I have done little, correction - absolutely no - internet research which I think is best for now. I'll probably dig a little the day before our appointment, but I figure there's no need to get worked up over nothing...praying it's nothing.
Oh, and she also lost her umbilical chord on Tuesday - yeah! We were so thankful to see that thing gone...poor Kenny was freaking out every time we gave her a bath or changed her diaper - at one point he was convinced that he was responsible for its departure and that she'd surely pay the price with an outtie for the rest of her life...thankfully, not the case! (or at least I hope not!)

Who needs tummy time when you can lift your head like this after less than 2 weeks?! She is so incredibly strong...sorta scary because you can't just lay her anywhere and tell her you'll be right back - not that I would recommend that anyway, but you know what I mean!

She loves napping in her bassinet, although after her two shots yesterday she was a little out of sorts...




I just had to include this one - action shot!


...and finally, no blog post is complete without a couple of cheek shots - yum!


Million dollar question of the day: shower or nap??? Hmmm...

2 comments:

bgeorge811 said...

forget the shower, nap!!!!!!!!!!!

Angela said...

What a cutie!! Let me know what your plans are for this weekend, I can't wait to meet her...