Thursday, April 16, 2009

When It Rains, It POURS!

In the last 7 days I've flown to TX, had the most amazing baby shower ever, celebrated my Aunt Jo's 70-something birthday, celebrated Easter (a few times actually) and then drove a Budget rental truck for 20 hours to the great state of FL...8 of which were spent in the torrential rain - literally my Mom was riding shotgun looking for tornadoes. She recently saw the Helen Hunt tornado chaser movie, which somehow makes her an expert you know :)

Needless to say it has been an crazy week in the life of...however, the title of this post refers to the amazing blessings that are just simply pouring into my life right now. Not only did my friends and family shower me with the most adorable baby gifts and goodies - they poured...not only did God's grace shower on us that day on the cross - it poured. Thank you God that He has risen, He has risen indeed!! I feel so blessed...thank you God for this beautiful Easter season and the amazing blessings of my friends and family that pour your love into my life!

Below are lots and lots of pictures from my trip home...I can't begin to describe what an amazing trip this was. Family, friends, food...does it get better than this?!

First stop - Baby Shower

How cute are these crowns and booties?


More yummy crown cookies - are you catching the theme here??


CD party favor that my sister Evelyn made for everyone - isn't it adorable?! The cover (and yes, that's the baby's picture!) reads: Thank you for celebrating this blessing in our lives. May this CD be a blessing in your day.


3 (almost 4) generations - my mom, me (looking rather large, I don't feel that big!) and my grandma


Sister Evelyn



Aunts

Cousins

Friends

Girlfriends from High School - Nicole and Brandi - who by the way have 5 kids between them and are in the best shape of their lives, definitely my motivation and inspiration!


Ok, I will have to finish this post another night...Easter and Aunt Jo birthday pics to follow...its been a really long day and the couch is calling my name! In case you were wondering, I'm feeling great! I know I look like a chubby Asian girl in these pictures, but I feel really good and she has been moving around like crazy so hopefully that means she's happy. A few surprise visitors this week - a bloody nose will come and go - which I've learned is due to the fact that your blood supply almost doubles when you're pregnant! Also, my new friend the linea nigra is here for a few more months. I just read that "it is caused by pigmentation in the skin where your abdominal muscles stretch and slightly separate, to accommodate your baby as it grows". Good news, bad news...good news I had abdominal muscles after all (woo hoo!)...bad news...nope, can't think of any! I'll take a brown line for a healthy growing baby any day!

No comments: