Although we may have gained a combined weight of 40 pounds, that number actually refers to the weight of our bags! (or lack thereof) Unfortunately, the airline that we used to fly from Venice to Rome at the very end of our trip charged about $100 for every pound that you were over the weight limit. Absolutely ridiculous considering that I take more than 40 pounds for a weekend in TX, and we're talking 4 countries and over 14 days!! I wasn't exactly happy with my thrifty hubby when I heard the news, but thank goodness for it...we literally carried our bags across Italy so I can't image what we would've done had we actually carried the bags that I initially packed.
I spent an hour and a half of my life on Sunday trying to organize our pictures and post this blog. As you may notice, I had to leave it for 24 hours to build the tolerance to try it again. It's not easy to sift through 500 plus pictures and try to figure out why in the world we took half of them. We took a much more photojournalistic approach this trip which doesn't lend well to blog posting. Without boring you with our wannabe talent, I figured it best to just post a few highlights and spare you the American commentary on our European vacation.
p.s. you may notice that I strategically left us out of the pictures...this is so that you won't be able to see that we wore a variation of the same outfit in almost all of them! When in Rome, right?!
Rome - Italy
Pisa - Italy
Venice - Italy
Santorini - Greece
Corfu - Greece
Ephesus - Turkey - I only posted this pic to show you our shady van straight out of a strange foreign film - you can barely see it, but the driver actually had pictures of himself posted in his visor!
No comments:
Post a Comment